Sunday, June 17, 2012

More 'Where Are They Now?' Reports From Class Of '72

We've gotten a few more reports back from member of the Class of '72 about what they've been up to the last 40 years. (Click here for the first batch we posted).

Deborah Bedell Hammond:
"I hope you all have a wonderful time at the reunion -  wish I could be there."

-- "Mark and I will be married 35 years on June 25, 2012. We started dating the night before graduation; married five years later."

-- "After graduation I attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh then Jamestown Community College with a degree in Applied Arts. After my youngest child got into school,  I went back to school at Florida Atlantic University and studied education . (Children with Exceptionalities). I worked in the Palm Beach County School system for five years before coming to the hospital."

-- "Mark and I have two children: Elizabeth (08/19/1983) and David (03/16/1988). I have one grandchild – Oliver Joshia Botta born on March 23, 2012."

--  "I work at St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. I have been with the hospital for 14 years. I am the Concierge for Women’s Services, and the Office Supervisor for Women’s Services.  I do everything to keep the OB and NICU departments operational. I keep track of 400 employees as far as payroll, licenses and state requirements. I work closely with the physicians to insure that they are happy. I book all the inductions and C/sections for our OB Department. In 2011, we delivered 3,300 babies!"

-- "I live in Stuart, Florida. I love to travel. I have traveled extensively throughout the United States; including Alaska and Puerto Rico and the out islands. (Hawaii is the only state that I have not visited). I have traveled throughout Mexico , Canada and the Caribbean.  I have traveled to Europe, visiting the following countries:  Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Lichtenstein, Spain, Sweden , Switzerland and the United Kingdom.  I am planning a fall trip to Denmark."

-- ""Achievement not mentioned: I captain a 30 foot boat in the Atlantic Ocean."

Dennis Pierce:
"Hello classmates,

"Sorry we will not be able to attend the reunion, I hope everyone is doing well.

"Yes I 'm married. I married Shirley Lazarowitz and we will be married 40 years this coming December.

We have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren and 3 step grandchildren ages 6,7,8 and two are 11.

"I was in the Air Force for 4 years  stationed at Las Vegas, Tucson and Japan.

"I am a part time minister and I work fulltime as a bus mechanic for a  bus company in Bradford, Pa

"I also do some work in the oil fields.

"We've lived in Bradford now for 7 years, prior to that we lived in Limestone for 26 years.

"I hope everyone has a good time at the reunion and know I sent my best regards."

Bob Heckler:
"Sorry I'm late but hope you'll give me a break and slip my entry in.

Will attempt to answer in the order of your questions.

-- "While stationed in Taiwan, Republic of China, I married a Chinese girl in 1976 and we divorced in 1990.  In 1993 I married my current wife, a Japanese girl, during my tour of duty in Japan."

-- "After graduation from LVCS I went through a few technical/management/leadership schools during my Navy career but no college."

-- "I have one daughter, 34 years old, and no grandchildren."

-- "I work at Valassis Mfg Co., a large printing company, and our brand name is Red Plum. We print the coupon insert books that are in the Sunday newspaper and we ship all over the country. Sometimes the books are delivered directly to your mailbox and we're also online.  Been working there since 1998.  I'm an Imaging Technician working in the Prepress Department.  My job is to use computers and computerized equipment to transfer images onto large metal plates that are later placed onto the presses that will print out the pages that make up the insert books."

-- "I made a career of the military, entering the Navy one month after HS graduation.  Attended boot camp and technical training in Florida.  In 12/73 I went to Adak, AK, a small isolated island in the Bering Sea, for a one-year tour.  My next duty station was in Taipei, Taiwan for three years.  A three-year tour of duty in Naples, Italy, was next.  The Navy told me I had to finally come back to the continental U.S. so 1980-1983 was spent in Washington, D.C. After D.C. I went to Guam, Marianas Islands, in the South Pacific from 1983-1988.  My next destination was in the Yokohama, Japan area from 1988-1992.  Moved to Misawa (Northern Japan) in 1992 and stayed there until retirement in 1996, at which time we came back to the U.S. and settled in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area."

Chris Mager:
-- "I have been married for 33 years to the same man I met in college."

-- "I received a BS in 1976 and my Masters in 1980; Special needs education."

-- "I have 4 children; 2 boys and 2 girls. We have 1 grandchild, a boy."

-- "I worked for the Rochester City School District and took a State Agency job when we moved to Geneseo. I work with special needs; all ages."

-- "We moved to Geneseo when we had our oldest son (we wanted small town America). We have traveled extensively to Europe , Eastern Europe, Australia, New Zealand,Africa; Italy 3 xs, England 4 xs, Spain, Portugal, France, many countries in Eastern Europe, the Caribbean, Ireland and Scotland. We love to travel and always made it a priority."

No comments: